Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Charlie's Keen On Keener

.
Deadline reported yesterday that Sir Charlie Kaufman (well he's knighted in my mind anyway) is teaming up with brittle caustic lady muse Catherine Keener to make a half-hour comedy television series for HBO. Yes it's okay I will wait while you go back and read that sentence a second third and possibly a fourth time, all the while your goosebumps growing larger and larger, your brain beginning to sweat. Here's how it's described:

"The untitled comedy is described as an exploration of one day in a woman’s life and how the events leading up to it can affect, or not, the reality in which she lives."

Of course that is how it's described! I'd expect no less. Keener's also supposed to star (alongside Nicolas Cage and Kevin Kline and Steve Carell and Jack Black and Kate Winslet!) in Kaufman's second (after making best-movie-of-the-last-decade Synechdoche New York) directorial effort called Frank or Francis, which is that Hollywood satire about a blogger's bizarre war with a filmmaker.

Anyway if this turns out half as good as Mike White's brittle caustic lady muse project Enlightened did (and I have no reason to think it won't turn out even better than half as good, even) then I'm going to just set up a toilet inside my barcalounger and call it a day, there's no reason to move from the front of the TV set ever again. (And yes you are welcome for that visual.)

And as long as I brought it up (no not the betoileted-barcalounger thing, don't worry) - have we heard any news about the second season of Enlightened? Because I need that like yesterday.
.

3 comments:

RJ said...

I THINK Kate Winslet isn't actually in Frank or Francis. Elizabeth Banks is. And Jacki Weaver!

Jason Adams said...

Oh I think you're right, RJ, that sounds like something I heard and then blocked right out because boo I wanted Kate. I mean I love Liz Banks but she's not Kate Winslet. NOBODY IS KATE BUT KATE. And that's my bit o' wisdom for today, share it live it love it.

Lars said...

This makes my day since I was thinking about buying the Criterion collection of Being John Malkovich:)
And yes, I immediately thought about Enlightened and rewatched the episode with Luke Wilson on a rafting trip. I want to add Veep and Girls (about prickly ladies), but I think those two are not in the league of Enlightened.